Design-Lab Schools Learning Framework© looks at ALL of knowledge.
The proliferation of knowledge has made it impossible for any one person to know everything. Access to vast amounts of knowledge is readily available through technology so there is less need to actively store the information in our brains. What is important for students to know is the various systems by which discrete bits of knowledge are connected.
There are a variety of major systems that connect learning. Design-Lab Schools Learning Framework © teaches students to use Systems Thinking and an understanding of major systems to learn new knowledge.
Major systems that Design-Lab Schools students learn include the nature of:
- 1. Universe 13.8 billion years ago
- 2. Solar System 4.6 billion years ago
- 3. Earth 4.5 billion years ago
- 4. Complex Life 2.5 million years ago
- 5. Consciousness 200,000 years ago
- 6. Civilization 10,000 years ago
- 7. Technology 300 years ago
- 8. Information 50 years ago
- 9. Networking 20 years ago