Applications are being accepted for motivated students grades in 9, 10, 11 & 12 for the 2017-2018 school year.
How to Apply to be a Student at Design-Lab High
- Step 1 Let us know who you are. (See Pre-Enrollment webpage.)
- Step 2 Go to schoolchoicede.org (It takes a few minutes to apply.)
- Step 3 If applications exceed the number of enrollment seats in the grade for which you are applying, your child’s name will be entered in a public lottery, date and location TBD. Wait for Lottery results.
- Step 4 After receiving written confirmation of student’s final admission to the school, complete all required enrollment forms.
Other Important Information for Parents
Eligibility Criteria for Enrollment
For the 2017-2018 school-year, Delaware Design-Lab High School will enroll motivated students in Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12. To apply, the applicant student must be a Delaware resident. Students applying for Grade 9 must be eligible for graduation from 8th Grade. Students applying for Grades 10, 11 & 12 must be passing all current courses.
Information Sessions will be held this fall for your convenience. They will take place in community houses of worship, elementary and middle schools, businesses, colleges and neighborhood community centers. Check the website’s BUZZ: Upcoming page for dates and locations.
- Design-Lab High School
- 179 Stanton Christiana Rd
- Newark, DE 19702
- Prior to final enrollment, students must comply with State of Delaware regulations requiring up-to-date physical examinations as well as immunizations and screenings.
- English Language Learners will complete a Migrant Agricultural Work survey, to be included in the registration packet for all incoming students.
- After final enrollment, all incoming students must submit three visual samples of work they have personally produced through direct observation (not from photographs or memory). On 8.5 X 11" paper, make separate pencil drawings of:
- A self-portrait
- A room inside the house, apartment or place where student lives
- An outside view of the student's neighborhood (landscape or cityscape)
Delaware Design-Lab High School will not discriminate against any student in the application and enrollment process on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or status as an English Language Learner, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended/ Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended/ and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Delaware Design-Lab High School will not discriminate against any student because a student’s school district of residence has a per student local expenditure lower than another student seeking admission.
Translation Services - ¿Necesita Usted Traducción?
Parents who need translation services should contact the school by sending an email message to email@example.com. Delaware Design-Lab High School will work with all families to serve their translation needs in order to make the admissions and enrollment process as easy as possible.
Si usted necesita traducción de documentos o explicación en su idioma, favor de mandarnos un mensaje por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org. Haremos lo posible para servirles.