Design-Lab Schools, are dynamic K-12 tuition-free, non-profit schools where students use innovative Design-learning to imagine, design and create successful futures in college, careers, and lifelong learning.
Design-learning is the ability to identify problems and opportunities, envision a variety of possibilities, and implement solutions in real-world settings. Design-learning develops in students, skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity they need to be successful in the global economy of the 21st Century.
All Design-Lab Schools put students on a predictive path to higher education and exciting careers through education that includes these key features:
- Safe, disciplined, civil learning environment.
- Innovative, technology-enriched teaching and learning.
- Design-learning approach to develop students’ skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
- Integration of academic content in science, technology, engineering, media and design, along with English language arts and mathematics.
- Comprehensive curriculum that allows in-depth learning through project-based service learning.